Messages from the Masters
|First of all, I am not a psychologist. HOWEVER, I am something BETTER... |
I have over 50 years experience from:
1. People act in their own self-interests! I have never perceived this as bad. I believe we are inherently made that way.
2. There are only TWO REASONS that ninety-nine percent of the time anyone does anything: 1) Either to gain a benefit, or 2) To avoid a loss.
3. There is no Santa Claus! (He ain't comin'!) And yet, it's sad to say, so many people are sitting around in their offices procrastinating, making excuses, thinking that something magical is going to appear.
4. There ain't no free lunch! Too many young people have developed a "lottery mentality"...If they could just hit the BIG one! The truth is, we are only going to get what we go after...inch by inch...step by step...day by day.
5. Everybody has a hot button! The only way we, as sales people, know where it is and what it is, is to ask questions, listen, and be empathetic, seeing things from their point of view. What is your hot button?
6. People respond to those who have "SERVICE ATTITUDES." All sales people should possess a service awareness, a service consciousness, a servant's heart...conveying a subliminal message that says, "Your needs and wants are my purpose of calling you and making this presentation."
Abraham Lincoln said:
"If you want to win a man to your cause, you must
7. You must be sensitive and empathetic. Empathy is the imaginative projection of yourself in the other person's shoes.
People respond to those who have loving attitudes. This means thinking more highly of others than yourself...putting other people first.
ACHIEVE SUCCESS BY USING